Tuesday, October 2, 2012

PowerPoint (ungh)

PowerPoint
 
 
First being assigned to do a PowerPoint I was feeling kind of nervous and anxious at the same time. I knew already that I was not very creative, and also I am not aware of many of the things that you can do with PowerPoint. We started off and I was a little confused, but as our professor continued to explain the many different things that are available in PowerPoint, I started to like it more and more. I begun researching what I wanted to do my PowerPoint on and trying to get creative. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would, but also I still think that it is not the greatest form of technology to be used during class time. I think that there are certain times when PowerPoint is a good thing to use, and I do not believe one of those times is during class or lecturing. I think PowerPoint is more useful if the kids were to interact with it on their own, and go through the PowerPoint as a homework assignment or something like that.
 
Overall, I think that I like PowerPoint a lot more than I thought I would. It grew on me as we continued to learn the many different things that can be done in PowerPoint. I just believe that you have to know the right times to be using it for your students.

2 comments:

  1. I see your points with enjoying it as you are learning...but I always liked PowerPoint as a way to give presentations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also started to enjoy it more as I learned more about PowerPoint and all of the fun/creative things that can be incorporated. And I also agree that PowerPoint is most effective when the children can go through it on their own as a possible homework assignment!

    ReplyDelete